About Me

My photo
Scotland
I'm a simple Scottish girl with an unusual name and a strange obsession for nail polish! My aim is to capture what the eye sees, with a camera! Too much nail polish and never enough time. I have also started wildlife photography, which I enjoy very much. Welcome to my little world :-)

Saturday 13 August 2011

Nubar Prisms Absolute

I could not find the Nubar Prisms set for a good price anywhere in the UK, so I ended up ordering them on eBay from America for a fairly reasonable price. All in all came to about £42 for the 8. They arrived a few days ago (I know, I know I should have taken pictures!). Like a kid a Christmas, I opened the package and to my amazement I was more impressed than I though I'd be! I had some trouble on picking one to wear first, so with the help of Mr Posh Polishes, we both decided on Absolute. It's a blue holographic polish.
All are indoors with flash.

I must admit, it's quite hard to capture the holographic aspect of this polish! Or is that my poor camera skills? All above are 2 coats. This one had quite a subtle holographic effect to it and I'm wondering if it would have looked better with 3 coats. I'll know next time! I really liked the colour, a baby blue sparkly holographic polish.

It was easy to apply and the lid was very easy to hold. The Nubar's certainly have a good brush too and I personally think they are better than OPI! It had a good formula, went on smoothly and gave a good finish. It was also very shiny, which I think you can make out from the pictures. And it dried quickly.

8 out of 10. Good polish from a good company. Worth the money for sure. Can't wait to try the others :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment